I have never thought that my SEO job can interfere with blogging. Before I knew about SEO, blogging was just a fun way to express myself without any limitations. I did not seek a wide range of readers, it was more for myself and family to know what I am doing. Kind of like my personal but the same time public diary, until the day I started learning about SEO and all its glory.
After I learnt what a proper keyword research is, I have never seen blogging as fun, no time and effort requiring hobby. Before all I needed was:
- Adventures to write about
- Couple hours to actually to write the post, select the images, and done!
- 30 min to do keyword research
- Stock competitors
- Wrote the post
- Review if all the keywords, links are in place
- Create Title tag & Meta description
- All of that takes two days!
- Select up to 20 images
- Select 10-15 images
- Edit the images
- Resize them & compress the for better load times and user experience.
- Write captions, title, alt-tags
These are just two little things that are part of an image of having a healthy SEO friendly blog. I have a dilemma with myself I really want to go back into blogging, should I just push away all the SEO knowledge I have and just start writing as I used to do before or actually plan my time for less post but SEO friendly posts?
I am very interested if anyone else ever had similar struggles. Please share your experience.
P.S Struggle is real every single day, for example when your shoelaces keep untying every couple minutes.